Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Near the end of the remodel!


Scanning that list, it seems that most of it is done. I painted my bedroom a fairly dark green but the room is big so it looks nice. Actually, I love it! I stole the little table from the living room and now it looks just exactly like a picture from a magazine that I have been saving for years and years. I then took the almost matching end table from the family room and put it on the other side of the bed. I still need to get some nice lamps with big fringy shades. The book cases I took from another room since now I will have no drawer in my nightstand. Must see how aggravating that becomes. Since that is the view you see when you come up the stairs, I want to keep it looking nice. Ha, we'll see.

Still to do- contact the carpenter who started to fix the mess the contractor left in the bathroom and ask him to actually make the two drawers. Pick out wall paper for the vanity area (to cover up the hole with the electrical connection) and then re-hang the mirrors.

We worked hard and almost everything is put away. I put all the books back upstairs in a sort-of organized way but not really. For the family room books (5 bookcases), I am putting them all on librarything as I unpack them. I seem to have a lot of books with no LC or ISBN numbers. Okay, Very Broad Categories only!! I just had to pay to add more than 200 books but that's okay.

Today I had lunch with my old supervisor and it was kind of nice to see her. We talked about our ailing mothers, people from work, being retired, my grandchildren and her great-grand children. The food was very good - Italian.

I got my moo cards today - all horsey and very cute. My blog address is on it so maybe someone will read my blog and be interested in it. Any HORSE people out there???

I'm planning to ride out in CA when I come for the BlogHer conference at a place called Blue Sky - it is a half hour south of Half Moon Bay. They have Tennessee walkers which I have never ridden but they are supposed to have smooth gaits.

Mother: not doing well. Has trouble walking. She holds the walker with a death grip and can only walk if you hold her hips from the back and move them forward one at a time. I am going there at the beginning of July and not looking forward to it at all. J just got back from 4 days there.

I have a new huge list of Things To Do but I don't even want to think about it.



Here is the sofa from the living room - now back-to-back with one of the family room sofas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The blog color now matches your bedroom walls!

BTW it looks nice in there, really opened up and spacious feeling!