Sunday, July 18, 2010

movie

Watched Three Coins in a Fountain last night. Predictable (no suspense), all ends well (no tragedy), made in 1954 (no violence, etc.). All three criteria for my liking a movie. I think I was a teenager the last time I saw it.

My grandmother used to babysit for us on Saturday nights when my parents went out with their friends and we always watched the Saturday night movie. It was always good!

While I was in Florida, the Netflix movie that came was Superman. My mother slept thru it but my father watched.
The beginning: he asked me if it was a foreign film. I explained the baby superman, the planet Krypton, the exploding planet and the baby sent off to earth.
Teenage Superman: he had no idea.
Regular Superman enters: my father does not have any idea who the Superman character is. He never heard of him.
The whole rest of the movie: well, he watched it at least.

No comments: