Sunday, July 04, 2010

Needlepoint progress

Here's the net I am making. Instructions from np instructor were to lace all the strands one way and then the other and tie each intersection down. I tried it but didn't like it. I have an anchor that I want to have caught in the net. Then tried lacing the pattern on a card with the intention of cutting out the card and transferring the net to the canvas. Didn't take long to realize that would not work. Finally, I looked up "making a net" and found a perfect youtube video. It ended up being really simple and exactly like the plait I make in Wiz's mane!! It's almost done but I realize that it will not be quite perfect because I followed the pre-painted lines and now the sag of the net will be problematic.



Beaded fringe on the saddle pad. Almost made me have a nervous breakdown due to the tiny beads, the thin needle and the thread. Done now tho so :P:P


Will put a batting on the back and a black cloth back with tabs to make a wall hanging. Should I roust out my sewing machine that has never been unpacked from the 1998 move? I dont think I even remember how to thread it!

1 comment:

Liz said...

i want this one!!! omg!!!!!