Saturday, June 05, 2010

finally going to ride!

I've been babying my sore back but I'm just sick of it. I'm going to ride today no matter what. Well, if it doesn't rain that is. And if I'm not asleep from getting up at 4 a.m. this morning.

I'm almost finished with one of my needlepoint projects.



I think this is it before I started it. I just have to finish some of the background and put in the beaded fringe on the saddle blanket. I'm not sure if I am going to frame it (too expensive) or put a backing on it with pocket tabs so it can hang on a rod. (lame) This has been very labor-intensive, mainly because my needlepoint instructor suggested little cross stitches for the background. It looks pretty but it is taking forever, uses a lot of thread and is hard to see.

After this one is done, I have to finish a sea scape I started for my BIL and then can work on my duck shoe and my running horses canvases. I just found another np shop and I'm going to take some of this stuff over there for suggestions. I know what I want to do and how I want it to look, but I'm just not sure how to actually get the effect I want.

No comments: