Friday, June 11, 2010

Who wouldhave thought?

that I was even slightly artistic??? When I was a senior in high school, I begged my mother (guidance director) to let me take art as an elective. But no, I was forces to take fucking Latin IV, where Frank J and I whiled away the year fooling around and being pains in the ass in class.

I still don't think I am particulary artistic, but all of a sudden, starting last year, I am drowning myself in needlepoint projects. Never again the already painted canvas. No Santa Clauses, hearts, flowers, etc. (not that I have ever done a Santa Clause or heart thank you), but I will be drawing my own designs. So far, I have just traced a couple of pictures onto canvas (duck shoe and kb's horses), but I have a couple more in mind.

The instructor in my np class can't stand me because I change so many things, even in the pre-painted canvases. OMG!!!, the sacred painted canvas!!!

The sea scape I am working on now has 5 different scences on one canvas. (pic when I get a chance). I'm so sorry I even bought this canvas from her. It is incredibly boring. So far, I am running the scences into each other and I have put a Del's lemonade and a Mr. Potato Head onto the table under the beach umbrella. This is because this project will eventually be the Christmas or birthday gift of my BIL in Rhode Island, and Del's lemonade and MPH are both based in RI and so it will be a bit personalized. There is a sailboat that may have either an anchor (on the RI state flag) or a crab or lobster. There will also be a needlepointed sign that says Rhode Island hanging from the gate somehow.

My running horses canvas is now stripped of all its previous threads and new ones are bought. The threads are like little colored jewels, waiting to be a finished picture. I can't wait to start it but I have to get rid of all this other crap first.

No comments: