Friday, August 04, 2006

book

Reading The Summer Before the Dark by Doris Lessing. I'm only at the beginning and I will probably read the book, but it's just too much introspection for me right now. Maybe I'm not at the stage of life where I feel like I need to take a close look at my life. I'm too happy right now with my new horsie to worry about stuff like that. Anyway, I have never been horrified, as this woman seems to be, that I went from a young girl to and older woman. wtf. I can't wait to retire and really start enjoying myself. No such thing as boredom unless you have no brains. I can be perfectly content with mrh and cats and horses. Miss kids very much but the rest of the family just fades out sometimes. We have been apart for so long. I always wished to live near my sisters but it wasn't to be.

Retire- I want to ride, cook, sort out things in my house, go back to making scrap books, spend time with kids and Milo (my baby), generally mess around every day without any pressure to go to a job that is way boring at this point. The same old questions. Jump from one thing to another all day long. No thanks. Sick of the people and the relationships and being nice to everyone. Sick of dressing up and spending money on clothes.

Get to do horses tomorrow and then go on Sunday and ride Sevo or just hang out with him.

3 comments:

laura said...

we need to get those cute pics you sent me posted up here

Liz said...

of the horse!! yes!

Anonymous said...

how is the horse!??