Monday, March 07, 2011

OMG, those trees!

I was back on Popcorn yesterday and we mostly trotted and cantered through the woods for two hours. It is kind of scary to be whipping around and between trees at that kind of pace on a narrow path with all kinds of twists and turns!!

In the past, I have done that kind of ride and ended up just hanging on to the saddle from being to scared and tense. But this time, I was feeling pretty good about it and able to relax, set my pace and feel in control. I guess that means I am getting better but still look at other people and think how much better riders they are. Maybe I need to film myself at a lesson and see how I actually look. But - maybe I would not like the results.

CT is such a zoo. People cancel their rides at the last minute or show up super late and mess everything up. Our 3:00 ride started 45 minutes late. The horse I had requested had been given to someone else and I almost had to LEAD our ride! That would have been disaster because I can't ever remember where I am out there. I mean you can't actually get lost and the horses are zeroed in on the barn, but I don't want to be the one responsible if something goes wrong.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I can barely remember cantering and can't imagine going through woods! Wish I could try it ! We should go on a beach ride when you visit next.