Saturday, March 05, 2011

Long canter!

I rode a really nice horse called Smurf out at CT yesterday. The cool part was that I cantered all the way down the long one-mile stretch by the creek without getting out of control. (read horses racing each other!) I have been avoiding cantering there be cause of some wild and scary experiences, but this one felt great.

Smurf was sweet when I groomed him. He has a long long mane and I found two big twigs tangled up in it. When no one was listening, I sang Somewhere My Love to him. I could tell he liked it because he was licking his mouth and putting his head down. Wiz loves this song too. Maybe it is something about the melody that is kind of soothing.

I have to ask though, why do I meet so many big men out there who say they have ridden all their lives, but who slunp back with all their weight on the back of the saddle? Thank goodness he was behind me and I didn't have to watch him the whole time.

No comments: