Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Music breakthrough

Preparatory to my first Lone Starr college band practice, I have been fluting around and seemingly getting nowhere but today, the nice sweet high notes came out without all the low tone creeping in. Miracle. My flute is 52 years old. I got it in the 4th grade. It has been re-padded twice over the years.

After a half your, I can't play anymore so we'll see how a 3-hour band practice goes. I can't wait to hear everyone tuning up. Band was the most enjoyable part of high school for me. A little clique that I kind of fit into. And All State band - heehee, the boyfriends!!!

The youth philharmonic was another romp thru a bunch of boyfriends, and these were not my sister's castoffs because she was not in that group!

Where are they now one wonders? But not for too long-

No comments: