Sunday, September 16, 2007

projects!

Yesterday we washed the whole back of the house! Special trip to Home Depot to buy bleach and a pump spray can (which when we got it out and put together said, "do not use with bleach" but we did anyway). Took screens off, washed them, washed windows and doors, sprayed and then washed the house. Messed around with plants and also started cleaning out the area covered with rocks behind the pool where the pool equipment is. Nice sunny day, not too hot. Afterwards was very tired and lolled around in the spa and pool for a bit then blew off cooking the chicken (must do today). omg, also cleaned the outside fan which was a pain because even tho I was on a ladder, it was over my head. Dean planted some parsley because all but one pathetic plant has died. Too much going on vacation and OH not keeping up with things while it was super hot.

Today, a riding lesson. Last time we really worked on posting trot and I started doing much better. I need to go practice by myself a few times ($25 each time) but hesitate since W is such a pain when RI is not there. Maybe Monday. We discussed the carriage driving and I told her I still want to do it but had been concentrating on riding because of not wanting to be the worst one in the quadrille. We are only going to do the Q once a month. Right now one of her horses is lame and so she doesn't want to exclude anyone from riding - who would it be??

After all, I am succeeding in getting OH to help me with projects and have pretty much convinced him that we should make a push to get all the inside work done now and not stretch it out. I mean why not get it done?? This will be mainly a master bathroom remodel. Once that is done and the shoe racks are taken out of the closet floors, we can get the new carpeting (already picked out). Oh, and I want to have a headboard made and get new night tables and lamps for my room and then paint the whole room green instead of just one wall.

On the bathroom, we are undecided about leaving the existing tub and just getting new tiling and fixtures or taking the tub out and having a nice big shower. That is what we would like to do but for resale of the house, that would leave 4 bedrooms with only one bathtub. The sink area will be demolished and a silestone countertop with undermounted sinks will be used and then all the cabinetry will be redone to my special design. This will have deep drawers to keep all my stuff in and clear off the countertop. whew, I must come up with a design (have 2 magazine pics that are perfect except for they leave no room for a waste basket and that is where ours has to go).

Made plane reservations to go to Florida for the condo closing. OH coming too - that will be nice except that I will have to sleep on the couch and he can have the double bed. Last time we slept in it together but it was not very comfortable with 2 people!

For my parents, the aides and Jules seem to be working out nicely. We have pretty much decided to leave them in Fl. They are actually comfortable there and it will set them back to move them to a new place (where they may be separated).

That's all folks!!

No comments: