Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Here is the wallpaper I am putting up today in OH's closet. He is totally against it but I'm doing it anyway and getting him to help. It's easier to cutely decorate a small space. I am intimidated by a large room. I have lots of furniture and clutterey personal stuff but the whole thing doesn't come together well. Anyway, yesterday I put sizing on the wall and waited an hour, got all my stuff ready to wallpaper, but realized that the wall was not yet dry.

Today our house is getting power washed. This was put off from last week because of hurricane Erin.

I joined the quadrille practice on Sunday. First time for me, second time for group. I rode General, my old lesson horse. He has arthritis and so owner gave him some bute. He was favoring his right hind for the warm up and beginning of the lesson and was very sluggish. He did, however, get better and join in the group nicely. It was fun and OH filmed Next week, if it's good weather and we have the lesson, I will ride one of K's horses. However, I just saw a special for flying to Florida and if I go, I will miss the lesson. What to do???

I have to admit that I am kind of bored staying home. I need to ignore OH who is constantly turning on the TV and it distracts me. Today I will do my own thing. I also must go to the yoga class at the gym tomorrow and find out when the sire classes start. I plan to go to the first few just to watch and get to know people. I didn't see any kindred spirits there when we went but u never know.

I have several projects started. I must keep jettisoning all my stupid junk. I plan to give away all my hotel pads. OH had the idea of giving them with gifts to other people to use as note pads and I think I will do it.

Must get wedding gift for steph. I would like to get her the same salad bowls I got myself. Well, they are really rice bowls but I like them as salad bowls since they are big enough for a decent portion of salad. You do have to wash them by hand - would that be a problem?? I guess I will ask her and see if she is registered at Target again. Maybe she would like something else.

I need to get on the phone and straighten out my start date at the city of houston. crap, I hate trying to figure out who to talk to and now I have no fax.

Coffee pot broke and we got a French press which is irritating. We didn't get a coffee pot because it was tax-free weekend and the thoughts of going toward the mall was appalling.

Still waiting for Terri to get back to me with the heinous price of the breakfast room drapes. I will get those done, the kitchen chairs covered and Jack's chair recovered and then that's it for Terri. In future, I will use Ethan Allen people I think.

I want to figure out what to do with my closet, get rid of more clothes, figure out what to wear to steph's wedding reception, and call a bathroom remodeler. Anderson remodeling I think. Also, must get the picture framing under control, choose a carpet for upstairs and pick out some paint for my room. I need to get rid of the area rug in the dining room too. I could put an ad in the HH. Kind of sad to see it go but the bottom of it has left a stain on the current carpet. I could roll it up and save it for some future house, but where would I store it??

blah blah blah

No comments: